- "Everywhere I look I see liabilities." My husband said this the first time I took him out to my current barn while he was trying to joke around with my trainer. Even Leo looked at him like, WE DON'T TALK ABOUT LIABILITIES HERE. Luckily, the barn owner wasn't around otherwise I feel like we might have been banned.
- "Try not to Christopher Reeve yourself." Uh, okay. Thank you for reminding me that people die, are maimed, and their lives are ruined because of accidents and head injuries. It's obviously a risk that I am aware of, take and choose to repeatedly take. Also, WHAT IF I BELIEVED IN JINXING? Just. Don't.
- The classic, "It's just a horse." Naw brah. You're just a person. Who's annoying me. Plus, they're like awesome big dogs with cute personalities that you can create a partnership with. I wouldn't trade that for the world.
- "He's kind of a dumbblood." Someone said this to me about Leo the other day. She must've just not understood his brilliance... despite his ability to spook at me undoing the Velcro on my glove.
- "Can I come to your horse show?" Unless you're going to be there to make my day easier (follow me around with food, water & mimosas), I'm trying hard enough to not have a nervous breakdown before having to worry about accommodating and entertaining non-equestrians. This, of course, does not apply to my husband (i.e. videographer) and/or anyone he has there to entertain him.
"We can't afford it." Eh, you'd be surprised.